Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Shopping: Kroger, Rite Aid, & CVS

 I only needed a few things at Kroger. I bought 20 lbs chicken quarters (for Chi), a free soda, 3 packs Hormel pepperoni, Aidells sausage, Dr Bronner's Peppermint Soap (gonna try and make some natural bodywash this week!), organic raisins (the girls' potty treats), cream cheese, organic kale, pork skins, and bread. Yes, I bought bread. I buy probably 2 loaves a month. The girls still like bread, so I try to limit them to a piece a day, usually with breakfast. They eat so great, lots of veggies and protein, so I don't think a little bread is gonna hurt. Total was $41.80.
Another way we save on groceries is couponing. I've been couponing religiously for almost 2 years. Most grocery coupons, unfortunately, are for crap. Very few meat, dairy, and produce coupons out there. So, most of my coupons are used at the drug stores. By shopping each week to get the very best deals, we pay very little for our health & personal care products. This allows more room in our budget for better food choices. Today, I MADE $10.79 on all this stuff from Rite Aid and CVS. I usually shop Walgreens too, but I wasn't feeling any deals there this week. It is not typical to make $10 a week in drugstore hauls, but it does happen on occasion, and it certainly helps with overall expenses. I do put a lot of time and planning into my drugstore shopping, sometimes planning weeks ahead to get the best deals by combining weekly sales, coupons, and rebates. Even if we don't need the stuff, I pick it up for family. The candy will be given away, for sure.

Combining all my shopping for the day, my total was $31.01!

No comments:

Post a Comment