Friday, June 22, 2012

Costco Trip & Vitacost Order

A trip to Costco:
  • 10 lb Organic Carrots $7.49 (mostly for Chi)
  • 6 lb Beef Patties $15.99 (not the best beef, but my hubby requested for "I need meat" moments)
  • 40 oz Organic Calimyrna Sun-Dried Figs unsweetened $9.99
  • 1 Honeydew Melon $3.99
  • 6 lb Sweet Italian Sausage $14.99 (minimally processed, no preservatives, no MSG, no artificial ingredients, and only 2g sugar, not bad!)
  • (2) 5 packs Sardines $7.99 ea (boneless, skinless, and packed in olive oil. The first can we opened was for everyone to try since the girls had never tried sardines, and I've never liked them. These were good! I looked over and Bri had a sardine in each hand! They loved them, so we made sure to get extra this time.)
  • 2 doz Organic Eggs $6.99
  • 12ct - 6oz cans Contadina Organic Tomato Paste $6.39 (single ingredient!)
  • 48 oz Minced Garlic $4.29
Total:  $86.96

I still have to remind myself to check the labels! Last trip, I already had canned tomatoes in the cart when Keith read the ingredients and found added sugar. It's a sneaky little poison that is added (unnecessarily, imo) to a lot of processed foods! I was happy to find the tomato paste today, with nothing but tomatoes in it. Costco had only one type of almond milk, and it was sweetened, so I passed. The hunt for unsweetened dried fruit was almost as bad as at Kroger, but, I did find the unsweetened figs, and I was tickled about that! I grew up with a few fig bushes at home, and they were so good! My Mom always made fig jelly with the extras. My girls have never had figs, and these were organic and did not have any added sugar, just figs! So I splurged and bought them for the girls. They behaved so well at Costco that I gave them each a dried fig in the car, and Lyssi said, "Look, Mama, they have jam inside!"
_____________


Here's a small order I placed with Vitacost this weekend with a few new things to add to our routine. A friend and I combined our orders to get free shipping. I don't know how long this deal will last, but if you buy $25 worth of Vitacost brand products, you'll get free shipping. And there's another deal for free shipping on any brands when you spend $49. I'm finding some good deals online for natural foods.

This order was:
  • 6 cans Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk sale $1.98ea
  • Vitamin D3-5000 IU- 200ct softgels per bottle, $6.99 for 1st, $3.50 for 2nd (Bogo half off sale)
Total:  $22.36

No comments:

Post a Comment