Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pizza Recipe



I thought my first shared recipe would be our favorite...PIZZA! This is a great recipe that we make on a weekly basis. Change it up with different toppings and cheeses. And we make our crust with NO flour!

PIZZA

Crust:
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded

Whisk the cream cheese and eggs until smooth. Add the seasoning; mix well. Stir in the cheese; mix well. Grease a baking sheet; spread cheese mixture evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until browned, but not too dark. Remove from oven and let it cool 5-10 minutes before adding toppings.

Toppings:
what do you like? pepperoni, sausage, beef, veggies
unsweetened tomato sauce
(I like Del Monte Organic Diced Tomatoes, drain, add minced garlic and whatever spices you like, then blend. Or, keep it simple by using plain, canned tomato sauce.)
Italian seasoning
8 oz+ mozzarella cheese

Spread tomato sauce onto cooled crust. Top with just a little mozzarella, maybe 2 oz or so, just enough to help the toppings stick. Add your favorite meat/veggie toppings. Top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with a little Italian seasoning. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese starts to melt, then broil for remainder of cooking time, watching carefully as to not burn. Top with grated parmesan. Serve and enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are doing this. It might get me inspired to join you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have started blogging, I love to add additional recipes to my list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your support! BB, I hope to soon add a section for submitted recipes, and I would love for you to share your favorites with us!

    ReplyDelete