Thursday, July 26, 2012

Vitacost Order

!
Vitacost (referral link) is now one of my regular shopping sites. They sell a wide variety of products, but I mostly shop in the "food" department. It's pretty cool, too, that you can even "shop by top diets" (Departments: Diet: Shop by Top Diets: Paleo Diet). Awesome! When I find something I'm interested in, I add it to My List and there it waits til I add it to my shopping cart. This was a last minute order I made when I started feeling nervous about Lyssi's upcoming birthday cake. I thought I would try to make one with almond meal, but, the more I read, the more I realized there was a good chance it might not turn out since it is so different from coconut flour, and I had no idea how to convert the measurements. So, I took a chance and ordered my coconut flour on Tuesday night (along with a bunch of stuff on My List) and hoped it would be here by Friday evening. I was very impressed to find it on my porch this morning! So, y'all wish me luck on Lyssi's cake this weekend. I'll def post pics and how/if it turns out. Crossing my fingers for a delicious chocolate cake! (Food Lion is right down the road for backup, lol.)

This order includes:
  1. Brazil Nuts, raw 12 oz $6.46 (1-2 Brazil nuts per day for Selenium, essential for normal thyroid hormone metabolism)
  2. Maine Coast Sea Vegetables: Organic Kelp Granules Salt Alternative 1.5oz $2.74 sale (excellent source of Iodine, a crucial ingredient in thyroid hormone)
  3. Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk, unsweetened 13.5 oz, (BPA-free cans!) $1.98 each sale (nice served over fruit)
  4. Jason PowerSmile All-Natural Whitening Toothpaste 6 oz $2.89 sale 
  5. Vitacost Coconut Oil Extra Virgin and Organic 54 oz $20.99 (We love!)
  6. Coconut Secret Raw Coconut Flour 1 lb $5.81 sale 
Total Cost $50.77

I always try NOT to pay shipping if I can help it. I bought $49 worth of stuff we needed to get the free shipping. Some of these things I am trying for the first time. The kelp is fine, no weird taste or anything. We all ate it sprinkled on our veggies at lunch today. Keith and I each had our 2 Brazil Nuts today. They are expensive, but there are well over 70 pieces in there, so enough for everyone to get their selenium for the month, and then some. These are raw, which is awesome, and they taste good, too. The toothpaste is new for me. I have been using a totally natural, organic oil blend for brushing and oil pulling with coconut oil at night, but I do need a little something more abrasive, probably due to my morning coffee. Hoping this will help brighten my smile even more without too many unwanted chemicals. We shall see. If any of you have used any of these products before, please share what you liked or didn't like. Most of this stuff is so new to me, and I imagine it is for a lot of people. I really want us to share as much as we can and help each other learn more about natural alternatives. We have got to get these toxins out of our diets and our bodies so we can be healthy and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment