Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fried Chicken Recipe

Here's my version of fried chicken, primal style! I used parmesan in place of flour, and cooked in oil from my miscellaneous oil container. I cooked 4 breasts, thinking there would be one left for Keith's lunch tomorrow, but the girls also ate a whole one each! "I like this kind of chicken, Mama!" Well, now, that makes it a winner in my book! Make sure to use a good, stiff spatula, and scrape well before flipping so you don't lose your cheese! The dry mix is more than enough for 4 breasts. I used the remainder for frying squash to go along with this meal.

Kathy's Fried Chicken
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • animal fat
  • 1 egg
  • splash of water
  • 1 cup grated parmesan
  • 1/2 tsp seasoned meat tenderizer
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Beat one egg and splash of water in a bowl. Mix parmesan and spices in another shallow dish. Heat oil in skillet on Med-Lo. Dip chicken into egg wash, wetting both sides. Then place wet chicken into parmesan mixture, shake dish to get the parmesan on the edges, then flip chicken and repeat shake. After a good coating, shake off excess and place in hot oil. You should be able to cook 2 breasts at a time. Cook 10 minutes. Flip carefully. Cook 10 more minutes on second side, or til done.

I fried a few squash using the same egg wash and parmesan mix, and cooked using the same method. We also had a side salad (not shown). Everything got cleaned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment