Monday, June 18, 2012

Potato Chips and Sirloin Roast

 Keith washed those baby purple potatoes from the CSA basket, sliced very thin, fried in coconut oil, and sprinkled with salt. I kid you not! Those things tasted just like Lay's Classic Chips! They were outstanding! And since we made them ourselves, we don't feel any guilt because we made them with coconut oil instead of their vegetable oil. I don't know what kind of potatoes these are, but that purple screams "antioxidants" to me! I'm hoping someone can tell us more about them since I haven't had a chance to look them up. Before he started those, he threw a grass-fed sirloin roast from Ovis Hill into the rotisserie, with just some spices rubbed on the outside, and it was done by the time the chips were finished. We'd had a busy day playing at the beach, so we ate most of this in one sitting. It was so good!

1 comment:

  1. What a combo! I've been looking for different grass fed roast recipes and I have to say this is different. I have to try it.

    ReplyDelete