Thursday, June 28, 2012

Stew Beef and Baked Green Beans

This was an easy and delicious crockpot stew I made, following kb's comment found in this older post. I used a grass-fed roast from Ovis Hill, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. I browned the seasoned meat in a cast iron skillet with hot bacon grease. Then I added the meat to the crockpot, drippings and all, and went by kb's directions for the rest. I forgot to add my Bragg's Liquid Aminos, but it still turned out really great, nice and tender! My previous crock-pot stews always turned out mushy because I didn't brown the meat first. I think that is the key to retaining the juices! Thanks for the tip, kb!

I served this with:

Baked Green Beans
Wash green beans and snap off both ends. Dry well. Spread them on a greased baking sheet and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Then cook for 30 minutes at 400 degrees, stirring every ten minutes. Mine didn't turn out crispy, maybe because I had a double layer? But they were still really good and I didn't want to risk over-cooking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment